The Jody Jazz SUPER JET Alto Sax mouthpiece is a very contemporary sounding mouthpiece with many characteristics not offered in the range up until this time. It gives you more power, more edge and more altissimo. Super fun to play for anyone who likes plenty of volume and cutting power.
What is the Jody Jazz SUPER JET Alto Sax Mouthpiece?
The SUPER JET is a silver plated brass mouthpiece developed specifically with the Smooth Jazz, Rock and Funk player in mind. Contemporary sounding, it gives you more power, more edge and more altissimo. However, as with all of the Jody Jazz mouthpieces, it is beautifully free-blowing with enough bottom in the sound to make it more versatile than many mouthpieces in this category of small chamber pieces. The SUPER JET also features a shorter facing curve for insane altissimo.
Power Edge & Altissimo
Power and projection are derived from the small step baffle design. Brightness, edge and cut are enhanced by the silver plated virgin bell brass which gives the Jody Jazz SUPER JET a crisp clean brightness that can get very funky and dirty. Due to the beak design, the piece really vibrates.
Like all Jody Jazz mouthpieces, the SUPER JET features a hand-crafted baffle, thin tip rail and side rails for that instantaneous response that Jody Jazz is famous for.
Special Notes on the Jody Jazz SUPER JET Mouthpiece
Due to the shorter facing curve on the SUPER JET, a softer reed than you might normally use could be appropriate. This is because the reed actually has less length in which to vibrate. This doesn’t hinder playing at all. In fact, it makes the SUPER JET one of the greatest altissimo pieces of all time. Altissimo still works great with a slightly softer reed.
The main message is that anytime you are trying a new mouthpiece, two things are very important: finding the right reed for the mouthpiece, and making sure that while you try the mouthpiece, you are in tune. Don’t assume that it will go on the neck in the same place as your previous mouthpiece.
- The mouthpiece comes with a silver finish H-Ligature, Cap and Deluxe Mouthpiece Pouch.
- Tip openings:
- 5 = .074 inch (1.8796 mm)
- 6 = .080 inch (2.032 mm)
- 7 = .086 inch (2.1844 mm)
- 8 = .091 inch (2.3114 mm)
- 9 = .102 inch (2.5908 mm)
- 10 = .109 inch (2.7686 mm)
- Material: silver plated brass.
- Strongest projection, brightest tone.
- Brighter than the JET and the DV.
- Short facing curve, step baffle.
- Hand finished baffle, tip rail and table.
- Effortless altissimo.
- Suitable for: Funk, Rock, Latin, Smooth Jazz, Ska, Fusion, Afrobeat.
- Comparable players: David Sanborn, Gerald Albright, Kenny G, Karl Denson, Mindi Abair, Candy Dulfer, Maceo Parker, Eric Marienthal, Dave Koz, Nelson Rangell.