Lee Oskar harmonicas – great value for money!
Lee Oskar harmonicas are the perfect choice to get started on the harmonica. The superb sound of these harmonicas reflect their top-quality materials, construction, and design. As such, playing traditional blues on this harp is a piece of cake. Many professional players turn to Lee Oskar harmonicas. Check out our line-up to find out why!
I am new to the harmonica; which tuning should I start with?
A diatonic harmonica is a great choice for the beginner as it is relatively easy to learn. As a result, most harmonica teachers recommend starting out with a 10-hole diatonic harmonica tuned to the key of C. If you’re not sure about the harmonica type, start with a standard 10-hole diatonic.
Diatonic harmonicas are the most common type of harmonica you’ll encounter in pop, blues and folk music. They are designed to play in a specific key. It is possible to play in keys and modes other than its “offical key” by using overblowing and note-bending techniques.
Most harp players end up with a collection of diatonic harmonicas from various makers in a range of keys. Since their cost is modest, building a collection of harps to suit various styles of music and situations is easy to do. For that reason, we recommend you try a number of different models. That way, you can quickly discover which instruments suit your playing style and the sound you’re going for.
Lee Oskar harmonicas are also available in minor and other non-standard scales. Many harp players love their bright, penetrating sound. Lee Oskars are the best harmonicas in the world, and that’s not just our opinion. All over the world, professional players prefer Lee Oskar harps over any other brand.
- Replacement reed plates available (see below).
- Hi-tech slide-together interlocking boxes for carrying convenience and fast, easy indexing.
- Colour-coded tunings.
- Stainless steel cover plates.
- Engineered for excellent projection and tone.
- Corrosion free.
- Plastic comb eliminates swelling and shrinkage and projects a louder brighter sound.
- Wide chambers and narrow dividers for ease of playing.
- Precision-moulded, recessed bed holds reed plates securely and prevents air leakage.
- First and second positions clearly identified at both ends of the comb.
- Tuned to 441 plus for a brighter sound.
- Equal tuning by octaves.
- Excellent for single-note lead playing
Replacement reed plates
Why throw out the whole harmonica because one reed has become fatigued? Lee Oskar provides you with a better option. Simply purchase a “new” set of reed plates and create a new harmonica at about half the cost. The original comb and cover plates are recycled into the rebuilt harp. This simple process involves only three screws and and two nuts and bolts.