About this book
Creative Saxophone is an innovative series for the beginner alto or tenor saxophonist who wants to play jazz, rock, and other contemprorary music styles whilst developing a solid technique.
The idiomatic exercises and pieces encourage an awareness of authentic styles and give players the confidence to begin improvising from early on.
Each book includes a CD of backings for many of the pieces, performed by world-class musicians. These allow the player an opportunity to perform with a real band.
- For beginners of all ages.
- Companion book to Creative Saxophone.
- 26 pieces that mirror the progression of the tutor book.
- Focuses on contemporary music styles.
- A first step in developing ensemble playing skills.
- Saxophone and drumkit backing for each duets on CD; includes versions for alto and tenor instruments.