Premium Valve Oil for Trumpet, Tuba, French Horn, Trombone, and Euphonium. Developed by real professional trumpet players.
About Monster Oil
Monster Oil is the cleanest, smoothest, longest-lasting lube available on the market today.
The element that fundamentally sets it apart from other oils is the base oil used. It’s the cleanest synthetic on the market and has been used in the aerospace and automotive industries as well as NASA for many years. Monster Oil spent the last twelve months working with their supplier to achieve the best “cocktail” of ingredients we could find. As professional trumpet players who play every single day, the Monster team’s research involved using and evaluating this oil every time they picked up their horns until they were confident that it was perfect.
The oil is about as simple as valve oil gets. You know how some ice creams have seven thousand ingredients, and some have four – and you think “that second one seems better for me somehow”? This is that second one. Here’s what’s in it:
- base oil (for the slipperiness)
- solvent (to achieve the right viscosity and keep things clean)
- copper passivator (to keep the corrosion away).
What kind of oil do I need?
Original (this one) is probably best for most folks.
- For players you who play horns with very close valve tolerances, Faster may be the one.
- Smoother is only for horns that need a very thick oil.
- The slide oil is for slides you want to move on the fly (such as trumpet 1st and 3rd slides).
- The grease is very heavy – works great on slides you want to stay put.