Important Remark: before you purchase a Rovner ligature, be sure to check which model you need for your mouthpiece. A sizing guide can be found on the Rovner website (opens in a new tab). Note that some alto ligatures also work for certain tenor mouthpieces, and some tenor ligatures also work for certain alto and baritone mouthpieces. Follow the guide on the website for accurate sizing information.
The Rovner™ Versa Ligature: A Performance-Enhancing “Classic” Model
The variable Versa is the high-performance predecessor to the Next Generation Versa-X. Jazz and classical players alike appreciate the Versa’s ability to personalize their sound. It is ideal for the player seeking to fine-tune the ligature’s responsiveness and tonal qualities.
The Versa Ligature is like no other ligature in the world. It was originally designed by Eddie Daniels and Phil Rovner as a professional ligature for both clarinet and saxophone players. This exceptional ligature offers the performer complete tonal control and accurate intonation throughout all registers.
They are designed to have exceptional control, especially at loud volumes. They also come equipped with an adaptable pressure plate system capable of six different tones.
Fits ebonite and hard rubber mouthpieces such as Meyer, Otto Link, Selmer, Yamaha and more.
- Repositionable flaps and cradle with inserts that can be configured to produce six different tones
- Rewards the player with a big, rich sound
- Complete tonal control
- Accurate intonation through all registers
- Flaps may be arranged asymmetrically to accommodate irregular reeds
- Includes a Rovner® cap
- Made in the USA!
What is it?
- Permits a reed to vibrate more freely than any other conventional ilgature, whether metal or fabric.
- Significantly improves tone, response and intonation.
- Allows reeds to swell and shrink, without distorting the reed body, reducing the likelihood of leakage at the facing.
- reduces peculiar modes of vibration that give rise to uneven scales, poor intonation, squeaks and raspiness.
- If properly used, will provide greater playing ease, considerably extending reed life and yielding many more playable reeds.
- Is made of the finest materials obtainable.
- “Fabric” body will not stretch or rot and is chemically impervious; metal parts are corrosion-resistant.
Features of all Rovner™ ligatures:
- Enhanced performance
- Accurate intonation throughout all registers
- Enhanced facility, making them easy to play
- Responsive and free-playing
- A full range of musical expression for jazz improvisation
- Reliability and durability
- Easy installation
- Includes a Rovner™ cap
- Patented technology!
- Made in the USA
Which Rovner™ ligature is right for me?
Rovner™ creates a number of different ligatures, all of which we can get (all of these may not be available online at the present time, but contact us and we can special order these for you).
- The Classic Models
- Dark: the original Rovner™ ligature. It produces a full, centred tone and is enjoyed especially by more classical players.
- Light: a responsive and free-playing ligaturefor the player desiring a more contemporary sound. It affords a full range of musical expression.
- Mark III: this ligature has greater weight and tonal substance than the Dark or the Light. It is similar to the Dark, but responds with a more rubust, heftier tone.
- Versa: the Versa is capable of producing 6 different tones. It rewards the player with a big, rich sound. It gives exceptional control when playing full-bore fortissimo, and yields complete tonal control throughout all registers.
- The Next Generation Models
- Star Series: these ligatures are extremely resonant, providing excellent feedback. Free-blowing, making the instrument easier to play, especially for the immature embouchure. This one gives professional performance results at penny-pinching prices!
- Legacy: this ligature provides superior articulation and harmonic richness, gives great projection, “cut” and presence. It is a superb jazz and marching band ligature.
- Platinum: gives a dark, centered tone. It is precision formed out of durable, space-age metal. It is superbly fluid and gives great clarity and ring. It is effortlessly played.
- The Next Generation X-Series Models
- Versa-X: mass-loaded technology with unique resonating ribs. Evolved from the original Versa, but a newer model and a completely different experience. Flaps can be repositioned for a variety of tones and it is quickly adjustable. It gives an extraordinary response and superb intonation.
Can I try out this ligature?
If you are willing to visit us in Wollongong to try this ligature (and compare it to others), you are most welcome to. Contact us to organise an appointment.
We also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. This gives you the opportunity to purchase and try out a ligature at your leisure. If you are unhappy with the results, you can send it back to us (undamaged and in the original packaging, including the user manual and any extras or accessories) for a full refund (minus postage costs). Return postage is to be covered by you, should you decide to return it to us.