About this book
Teacher on Tap has been created to fill a need for a tuition method that will be useful to students from beginner to advanced. It is comprehensive and thorough and caters to a wide range of tastes and musical styles. It provides technical information and a detailed examination of those challenges specific to the saxophone.
Teacher on Tap uses current technology to provide aural models that will allow the student to develop a good concept of playing the instrument in a range of musical styles. It is very affordable, and very effective for students studying alone, in band programs, or with a teacher. The method is fun and makes the process of learning enjoyable!
Teacher on Tap comes in three book/CD units; Elementary, Intermediate, and Advanced for Eb Saxophones and Bb Saxophones.
Each Book/CD unit contains:
- A lesson plan which shows how new material is introduced to the student systematically in absorbable amounts.
- Practice routines which are intended to help students to structure their practice time for maximum benefit.
- A key/scale outline to familiarise the student with each new key and its scale (a new key for each level from Level 4 onward). It contains the basic scale shape, the chord and extensions, and the scale in thirds.
- Technical studies which provide the player with a thorough investigation of the challenges likely to be encountered in certain keys, finger technique, articulation, rhythmic notation and style considerations. They are designed to prepare the student for the upcoming pieces.
- Pieces, which are the core of the system and present challenging material in an enjoyable and palatable way. Technique, articulation, reading, control and musical challenges are presented within a wide range of styles likely to be encountered by today’s saxophone player. They contain memorable melodies, contemporary harmonies, rhythms and sonorities that are characteristic of these musical styles.
- The CD which is essential in helping the student to develop a concept of playing the instrument and the music itself. Each piece is presented with the piece being demonstrated and the background minus the soloist, which gives the student the accompaniment with which to practise.
Please note – to help you save money, all print music is sent in a bubble mailer with Australia Post and without tracking. The cost of this is included in the price of this product. While we do everything we can to package the books carefully, we cannot control how Australia Post treats these parcels. As such, we take no responsibility for items arriving late and/or damaged. As per our returns policy, only those books sent with premium postage will be accepted for returns, replacements and/or refunds.
If you wish to have your book sent in a cardboard sleeve WITH tracking, please choose Express Postage when checking out. There is a surcharge for this service to cover our costs of extra postage and better packing materials, but we guarantee that your book will arrive undamaged and in a timely manner. In the unlikely event that it does arrive damaged, we will happily accept return/replacement/refund requests.
Thank you for your understanding.