The Standard Series are made out of high-quality phenol resin (plastic) and feature a design based upon the top grade Custom Series. They are extremely consistent in specifications and playing quality, and offer excellent value for their price. The facing of this series is slightly shorter than that of the Custom Series making them easier to play, and easier for beginning students to achieve a rich sound.
Which mouthpiece should I choose?
These are the main differences between the Yamaha standard series saxophone mouthpieces:
- 3C: suitable for beginners, clear sound, good response in low and high registers.
- 4C: ideal for beginners and professionals, easy to obtain a clear and focuséd tone in any octave.
- 5C: gives a richer tone with more colours than a 4C mouthpiece, popular for soloists.
- 6C: powerful volume and rich tonal variations, excellent for experienced players.
- 7C: rich, bold, powerful volume and accurate attacks, very well suited for jazz.