The BG Duo Ligature for Alto Sax and Clarinet (BGLD) does exactly what it says. It fits Bb clarinet and alto saxophone hard rubber mouthpieces. This new ligature grips perfectly on cane or synthetic reeds. It was carefully designed to reduce contact with the mouthpiece to produce the maximum vibration. The single screw enables faster assembly and disassembly.
Which ligature is right for me?
Every musician must have several ligatures, because every ligature provides a different sound for each situation, performance space and type of music.
Metal ligatures are perfect for big concert halls and for soloists that need more sound. Gold plated ligatures provide a bigger response and a rounder sound.
Fabric ligatures are recommended for small rooms or when looking for a more intimate sound. They are perfect for ensemble works. Metal on the base plate of fabric ligatures increases the brightness and the projection of the sound. On the other hand, a rubber base creates a warmer sound.
- Metal ligature, silver plated.
- Mouthpiece cap included.
- Reed contact/mouthpiece contact in only 4 places.
- Bright/full tone in every register.
- Use: soloist, orchestra, concert band, large performance spaces.
- Acoustic characteristics: focused tone, clear sound, precise staccato, homogenous in all registers.
The BG company is based in France and is known within the woodwind world for its premium range of accessories.